-: Running Multiple Instances of Google Talk :-
Users of Google Talk (GTalk) can also let GTalk go to polygamy, that’s running multiple instances of Google Talk and login to multiple Google accounts on Google Talk. The polygamy trick can be done without any crack, patch or hack, with just a simple command line parameter or switch /nomutex appended to the Google Talk shortcut.
Ability to polygamy running multiple Google Talk is useful if users have multiple Google Talk accounts (or Google or Gmail accounts that used to login to GTalk) or multiple profiles or personalities, and don’t want to log on and off from one account to another account every time when want to switch, or want to log in to all accounts at the same time on the same computer.
You can add the /nomutex switch or parameter to existing Google Talk shortcut, or create a new shortcut with the /nomutex command line parameter.
To edit existing Google Talk shortcut:
1) Right click on the Google Talk shortcut.
2) On the right click contextual menu, click on Properties.
3) Go to Shortcut tab on Google Talk Properties window.
4) On the Target textbox, add in the /nomutex to the end of the line so that it looks like below (or you can simply copy and paste the below syntax and replace the original).
Target: "C:\Program Files\Google\Google Talk\googletalk.exe" /nomutex
5) Click on OK.
To create a new shortcut for Google Talk:
1) Right-click on the desktop or anywhere you want to place the GTalk shortcut.
2) Select New on the right click context menu.
3) Then select Shortcut.
4) Copy and paste the following line to the text box when prompted to type the location of the item:
“C:\Program Files\Google\Google Talk\googletalk.exe” /nomutex
5) Click on Next.
6) Give the shortcut a proper name such as Google Talk or Google Talk Multiple or Google Talk Polygamy.
7) Click OK until you are done.
If you have hex editor, you can act like a hacker and modify the bits in Google Talk program so that it will always allow multiple instances of GTalk to be launched whether the /nomutex switch is specified or not.
Launch hex editor and open googletalk.exe, then search for the following patterns in the hex editor:
004536FD . 3BC6 CMP EAX,ESI
004536FF . 75 05 JNZ SHORT googleta.00453706
Modify the string to look like the following:
004536FD . 8BC1 MOV EAX,ECX
004536FF . EB 05 JMP SHORT googleta.00453706
How this Works?
The mutex is short for mutual exclusion object.
A mutex is a program object that allows multiple program threads to share the same resource, but not simultaneously.
So, in the hack above, we used nomutex (no-mutex) to use the same resources simultaneously....!