1) To backup your MS Outlook Rules Go to Tools Menu & select Rules and Alerts.
2) Now click on Options & select Export Rules.
3) New Window will pop up where you will have to name the file (eg. Rules_Backup) & save it & make sure the save as type should be Rules Wizard rules.
4) Now just in case your PC was rebuilt and you need to restore your MS Outlook Rules please follow the instructions. In MS Outlook click Tools Menu --> Rules and Alerts --> Options --> & then click on Import Rules... & select the file which u have saved earlier (eg . Rules_backup) & click on Open & then press OK.
5 ) You can see all the rules are back --> Then click on Run Rules Now & select all the rules by checking the boxes..
6) Finally Click on Run Now to execute all the rules.
7. After restoring and running your MS outlook Rules close all window.